This project will be undertaken by SARDI researchers with the optimal flowering period for wheat and barley for the Murray Plains to be refined and validated from previous investment S/UA1021 through field trials and crop modelling. Drone imagery will be used to estimate both plant establishment and biomass of these field trials to help dissect key grain yield drivers independent of flowering time.
Ground truthing wheat and barley flowering time in the Mid North and Mallee using the Mesonet (SAR1222)
Nov 22, 2023 | Current Projects
The project aim is to characterise the environmental differences across the Mid North and South Australian Mallee regions and the subsequent effect on planting time and variety selections for cereals. This aim will be achieved by utilising the Mesonet weather network to ground truth wheat and barley flowering time.
- 2024 Farm Gross Margin Guide
- SAGIT invites applications for 2024 funding round
- Developing a DGT methodology to assess bioavailability of herbicide residues (USA121)
- Pesticide effects on soil microbial functions in contrasting SA soils (USA3323)
- Canola profitability as a break crop in the Upper North (UNF2822)