Barley head loss is an ongoing issue that leads to reduced yield based on environmental factors and cultivar sensitivity. Although management options exist, improved genetic solutions are needed to limit the seasonal and site variability. In this project, researchers will extend current knowledge of head loss management and peduncle structure to consider new cultivars and candidate genes that might influence head retention.
- 2024 Farm Gross Margin Guide
- SAGIT invites applications for 2024 funding round
- Developing a DGT methodology to assess bioavailability of herbicide residues (USA121)
- Pesticide effects on soil microbial functions in contrasting SA soils (USA3323)
- Canola profitability as a break crop in the Upper North (UNF2822)