The effect of Phoma root rot on yield in lentil and faba bean is to be measured in a series of field trials which are inoculated with varying rates of the pathogen. Trials are subjected to various levels of soil water via supplementary irrigation to investigate the role of soil water in the root rot disease. A range of chemical options are tested for disease control.
Nov 22, 2023 | Current Projects
Barley Yellow Dwarf Virus (BYDV) consistently and significantly impacts wheat crops in the high rainfall zone (HRZ) of South Australia. This project aims to evaluate agronomic tactics and insecticide regimes to reduce the impact of BYDV on wheat yields in the SA HRZ.
- 2024 Farm Gross Margin Guide
- SAGIT invites applications for 2024 funding round
- Developing a DGT methodology to assess bioavailability of herbicide residues (USA121)
- Pesticide effects on soil microbial functions in contrasting SA soils (USA3323)
- Canola profitability as a break crop in the Upper North (UNF2822)