The MacKillop Farm Management Group (MFMG) Annual Trial Results Book is produced each year to provide MFMG growers in the Limestone Coast with the latest relevant research for their area. This includes results of trials conducted by MFMG and those conducted by other organisations.
The 2018 trial results book was made available online and as a hard copy by request in March 2019. The preliminary results of MFMG trials, called ‘Rapid Results’, were also made available to MFMG members in January 2019.
The MFMG Annual Trial Results Book provides the latest research to MFMG growers to assist their decision-making. It also promotes the development and communication of solutions to common issues and is an opportunity to acknowledge the work of innovative farmers through case studies.
The core objectives of the project were to:
- Create a summary of trials and projects that have occurred in the Limestone Coast in an easily accessible and understood format.
- Provide accurate, independent and timely information to assist growers in their decision-making processes to adopt, change or continue a practice which improves their production, profitability and business sustainability.
In The Field
The MFMG Trial Results Book contained a range of valuable contributors including results from:
- MFMG internally-funded trials
- National Variety Trial results for cereals, canola and pulse crops in high and medium rainfall areas
- Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC), South Australian Grain Industry Trust (SAGIT), and South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI) funded trials within the region University of Queensland funded project ‘Brassica carinata, a new crop for production of jet biofuel’
- Meat and Livestock Australia funded project ‘Good Clover, Bad Clover’, managed by MFMG
For the first time, ‘Rapid Results’ were created by MFMG. Preliminary results of all MFMG trials were made available to members early and were posted in the member are of MFMG’s website in January 2019.
The 2018 MFMG Trial Results Book was compiled and made available online to members, sponsors and participating researchers on 27 March 2019.
While members and sponsors were able to order a hard copy of the Trial Results Book, there were few requests and so making the trial results available on the members area of the website will be continued in future years.
MacKillop Farm Management Group (MFMG): Meg Bell.
Growers in the Limestone Coast of SA need a way to keep up-to-date with all the latest research that is relevant to the area.
Provides MFMG growers in the Limestone Coast of SA with accurate and timely information they need to make informed decisions.
Meg Bell, MacKillop Farm Management Group
T: 0433 499 630
E: [email protected]
Value for Growers
The MFMG 2018 Trial Results Book is available via download in the members area of the MFMG website www.mackillopgroup.com.au.
It is a valuable resource for the region’s growers and a convenient compilation of relevant information.