Seed colour is an important quality trait required to meet the highest value export markets for faba bean, with consumers demanding a pale tan colour. Faba beans darken on storage, and storage temperature and moisture both affect this process. This project will be undertaken by SARDI researchers and has three aims: to determine what chemical mechanism is behind the darkening process; to find a low-cost post-harvest treatment able to slow down the darkening; and to look for varietal differences in storage darkening.
- 2024 Farm Gross Margin Guide
- SAGIT invites applications for 2024 funding round
- Developing a DGT methodology to assess bioavailability of herbicide residues (USA121)
- Pesticide effects on soil microbial functions in contrasting SA soils (USA3323)
- Canola profitability as a break crop in the Upper North (UNF2822)