This project will be undertaken by SARDI researchers and aims to exploit natural genetic variation in herbicide metabolism ability to reduce the market access risks associated with chemical residues in herbicide tolerant pulse grain. This project will identify variation in the ability of lentil and faba bean genotypes to metabolise metribuzin and investigate whether herbicide residues are retained or reduced in plant-based protein extraction processes.
Nov 22, 2023 | Current Projects
The effect of Phoma root rot on yield in lentil and faba bean is to be measured in a series of field trials which are inoculated with varying rates of the pathogen. Trials are subjected to various levels of soil water via supplementary irrigation to investigate the role of soil water in the root rot disease. A range of chemical options are tested for disease control.
- 2024 Farm Gross Margin Guide
- SAGIT invites applications for 2024 funding round
- Developing a DGT methodology to assess bioavailability of herbicide residues (USA121)
- Pesticide effects on soil microbial functions in contrasting SA soils (USA3323)
- Canola profitability as a break crop in the Upper North (UNF2822)